During the pandemic, we have rules that must be obeyed. They are as follows:
- Facemasks are required. If you are unable to wear a mask, we are able to bring library material to you. Call us inside at 518-644-2233 so we can assist you.
- All library materials must be returned in the book drop. Do not bring materials inside. Remember that materials will be quarantined for 7 days, and will remain on your account for that time.
- There is a sanitizing station inside to the left of the front door. All visitors must sanitize their hands, put on gloves, and sign the log. We will need your name and contact information for contact tracing.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- We will allow only 15 people in the library at one time.
- Our restroom is not available to the public at this time.
- Any member of the Public who refuses to follow these guidelines must leave the Library and will incur a suspension of privileges.
The Bolton Free Library normally has four public computers as well as Wi-Fi. During the pandemic, we only have one computer available. The Wi-Fi is available 24/7, so even when we are closed, you can still access the Internet from our parking lot. We also have copy, fax, and scan services. B&W copies are 15 cents a page and color copies are 35 cents a page. Faxes are $1.00 a page.
With just a library card, you can access a world of e-books through Overdrive, a digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, music, and video titles. You also have access to our online catalog, where you can see what the libraries in communities around us have.
Once this crazy time is over and we all go back to our normal lives, we have the beautiful Adirondack Reading Room, and check your email in the comfy arm chairs. We also have an incredible view of Lake George. Right now that room is our quarantine room – or as I call it – the book hospital.
We also have a beautiful display case in which we have featured many lovely collections, including the most recent – my ever growing Santa collection. We are always looking for new things to display, so look around your house, and see what you have to display.