THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
The Bolton Free Library would like to extend our gratitude to the generous organizations – as well as individual donors – who have supported the Library in 2022. Without your contributions, the Library would not be able to offer the many services, programs, and events that we do – and we are steadily adding new programs and events each year! As a small public Library in continuous operation at this location since 1906, we are faced with the combined challenges of maintaining our physical location while updating our services to meet the growing and changing needs of our community.
The grants and donations we received in 2022 have enabled us to continue our mission of meeting the informational, educational, cultural and general needs of the community by offering the following in 2022:
1. The Library supports the Bolton After School Program on Thursdays with storytime, plus other activities and classes.
2. The Library provided each child at Bolton Central School in grades K-5 with a “Birthday Book”*.
3. The Library also provided each child in the Bolton After School Program with two beautiful hardcover books* as a holiday gift.
4. The Library hosted three popular Meet The Author events outdoors on the front lawn.
5. A beautiful new circulation desk was installed, creating an Americans with Disabilities Act ADA compliant checkout area, improving patron traffic flow, and allowing greater organization of the Library’s daily operations.
6. The installation of new windows, doors and insulation, in addition to the upkeep and improvements of the 100+ year old Library’s foundation and siding, all which have reduced energy costs and kept the Library a beautiful and welcoming structure.
*All books were purchased from Northshire Bookstore in Saratoga Springs, our closest local bookstore.
Adirondack Foundation $1,500 Increasing Children’s Literacy Bolton Central School Birthday Books
Charles R. Wood Foundation $3,000 for the Bolton Free Library Community Outreach
NOROWAL Community Contribution $4,000 Generator Backup Project
NYSED Library Development $19,885 New Windows, Doors & Insulation
SALS Challenge Grant $5,000 New Circulation Desk
Stewart’s Foundation $500 Holiday Books for Bolton After School Program Children
Warren County Community Conservation $1,000 to plant a native garden on the north side of the Library